Cheese fondue is a classic Swiss dish that has become a popular culinary delight worldwide. Fondue is a communal, interactive and entertaining way of enjoying melted cheese by dipping bread, vegetables, fruits or any food item of your choice in it. Fondue parties are a fun way of entertaining guests, and cheese fondue is an elegant, rich and flavorful dish that never fails to impress. If you are planning to host a fondue party or just want to enjoy a comforting, delicious and warming dish with your family, try this rich and creamy cheese fondue recipe.
1 lb Gruyere cheese, grated
1 lb Emmental cheese, grated
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 French bread loaf or bread of your choice cut into bite-sized pieces
1. In a large bowl, mix together grated Gruyere and Emmental cheese with cornstarch. Add minced garlic, black pepper, and lemon juice and stir to combine.
2. Place a fondue pot on a medium-low heat. Add white wine and heat until it’s warm but not boiling.
3. Start adding cheese mixture to the pot by small handfuls, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and smooth.
4. Once all the cheese has been added, keep stirring until it’s thick and bubbly.
5. Taste the fondue and adjust seasoning accordingly.
6. Place the fondue pot on a fondue burner or hotplate.
7. Serve with bite-sized pieces of French bread or bread of your choice, and any other food items of your choice such as cooked vegetables, fruits, and meats.
– To prevent the fondue from becoming too thick, stir in a tablespoon of wine at a time.
– If your fondue seems a bit thin, mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of white wine and add it to the pot.
– Rub the inside of the fondue pot with a cut garlic clove to add some extra garlic flavor to the fondue.
– Always keep the fondue pot heated over low heat to maintain the cheese’s smooth and creamy texture.
In conclusion, this cheese fondue recipe is a delicious and fun way to entertain guests or to warm yourself up on a chilly evening. With its smooth and creamy texture and the rich, complex flavor of Gruyere and Emmental cheese, it’s a dish that everybody will love! So, get your fondue pot out and give this recipe a try!